"For God hath not given the spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND." 2 Timothy 1:7
Do not be afraid or ashamed of the gospel you bear, for Christ is your companion wherever you go!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

November 16

Dear Mom and Dad, Trevan, Shaelynne and Brooklyn…and Patches J
It’s 10:00 p.m. November 16th 2011, the first day of my missionary service to the Lord and His children.  The anxiety for this day has finally passed and I am in the zone now.  My confidence was tested today when we had a teaching experience workshop though.  I really learned what teaching the gospel will be like and I hope and pray I am ready to teach this gospel, the only true Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to the people of New Zealand.  I am striving with every ounce of me to become the missionary God would have me be a strong, humble, hard-working, steadfast and diligent agent of Jesus Christ full of charity and love towards his children on this earth.
 My companion, Elder Tanner Neilson from Centerville Utah is awesome.  He is low-key willing to do anything and easy to get along with.  We have come to know each other today and by doing so have found we have traveled through the same types of difficulties in this life.  Right now he’s wearing his shiny black pajama pants with a checker robe, haha.
Tomorrow we jump into rigorous training and I am excited to get into the work of the Lord.  Yes it will be hard but I am able to accomplish anything with the hand of the Lord in mine.  I haven’t much time to write at night so it will take a few to give full length letters but my intention is to write one a week while here at the MTC and I hope you all understand. (including closest friends) you know who you are J  I want to be fully invested in the Lords work.   Learning His way that His gospel must be taught and in the next three weeks pounding doors with my companion and our Savior.  I wanted you all and especially you MOM to know I am okay and I am thinking of you and am grateful for all prayers.  This Gospel is true, I know Jesus Christ lives and that this is God’s work and His glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  I love you mom!
Your son, Elder Braden Cottle

No comments:

Post a Comment