"For God hath not given the spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND." 2 Timothy 1:7
Do not be afraid or ashamed of the gospel you bear, for Christ is your companion wherever you go!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

November 17

Dear Mom and family,
I am having a great time at the MTC, it’s November 17th, second day here.  Mom I miss you and I realize how much I enjoyed being taken care of.  I have ran into Grandpa twice today and grandma was running!  She was late to teaching a class and Grandpa was taking his sweet ole time J  I need to assure you mom that I am being taken care of.  I was a needle in a haystack and as soon as I turned and left for the next two years I was taken to the District President.   I met with the branch presidency tonight and Dad, the counselor Bro. Wenn is a broker for Ivory Homes and has been in your office before.  His name is Derek Wenn.  I have my interview with President Peterson on Sunday.  I am working hard, writing in my journal, getting these letters off, learning and teaching in class, taking notes, studying at all free time during the day and serving my homesick companion as much as possible.  Elder Nelson is a good-hearted man.  I love him and am trying to get along the best I can.  I am the senior companion so I am about to call for companionship inventory.  Just wanted to send a second letter home for you to know I love you and what my health situation is.  I got a flu shot today so I would like some tums, I also need an insurance card and some healthy snacks because I don’t get fed after 6 p.m. and you know I’m hungry an hour after Chuck-A-Rama, oh I mean food on top.  I love you Mom, Dad and Trevan, Shaelynne, and Brooklyn.  My testimony of Prayer, Faith and in Christ continues to grow and I am ready for this mission.  Written with love and gratitude. 
Elder Braden Cottle

No comments:

Post a Comment