"For God hath not given the spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND." 2 Timothy 1:7
Do not be afraid or ashamed of the gospel you bear, for Christ is your companion wherever you go!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

July 8, 2012

Yeah Elder Tamale has gone home.  He was sad to leave but now im in his area with his companion :) I took 100 dollars out of that account because I need to buy a suit when I find a good deal, I gave one to Elder Temahuki, he really needed it. And the one that Elder tamale gave me I am giving to Elder Eneri my companion. So Im left to one suit thats getting pretty tight haha. But I haven't bought a suit yet, you know me, I will look for the best deals haha. I will do pictures today I promise. Thank you for reminding me. Ive been meaning to do it it was just hard, didnt get to do anything I wanted with my last companion. Its great to be here in the Omahu Ward in Napier, awesome place, we have a dinner appointment every night of the week!!! Im really going to gain weight now! haha. Its funny being district leader to the zone leaders and the sisters, all older in the mission haha. I must need to learn something!  Its been good here we have a ward missionary, Rodney, he comes with us everyday, he is with us right now too haha. We have some good laughs. 
Crazy Shae is drivin on the road now? watch out!!! first they hit the curb then the mailboxes :) hahaha. Awesome shae!! Trevan is too big for a motorcycle haha. What is he thinking? tell him mission first, think mission first. jBrooklyn sang at the Roundup??? What!! Go cowgirl brooklyn! Keep up the great talents and hard work!

I have a new favorite scripture, 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind...Therefore be partakers in the afflictions of Christ"

Love Elder Cottle

Dear Mom,
My travel to my new area was great, 8 hours on the bus haha. Im excited to be here and to have the opportunity to serve as a District Leader. The Area is low in investigators so Elder Eneri and I are knocking doors everyday! The ward mission leader is 75 years old but still going hard. The Bishop is great. Im excited to be in a real chapel in a real ward again :) haha. Elder Tamale did well here so im excited to follow him up. The Earthquake was a 7.0 but was very deep in the earth, thats why it traveled so far but didnt do so much damage. Ive learned alot about earthquakes here. There is the size of the waves then the depth of the wave then the shape of of wave that they account for. I am okay and as a matter of fact we were only 50 kilometers away from the point and didnt even feel it. I think Mt Taranaki blocked the waves where Waitara is at. I am very excited to be in this wonderful area to start fresh and to work harder than ever!

Thats a great story you shared with me about the seminary teacher and the student. When kids would be disobedient in our seminary class, Bro Macfarlane would do 10 pushups for everythings the class did wrong during the day. thats when I was the class seminary president. It was similiar the kids learned alot about the atonement of Jesus Christ. Thankyou mom for the wonderful emails.
I will write for bro. blackhurst and send it in an email next week!! I hope thats okay, i dont have time today on the computer.

I love you Mom, thank you for everything you do!! I just want to let you know I might be buying a suit soon, and my white shirts are depleting, also my shoes are near worn out, both haha! the ones with the square toe are running really thin. So you can be pleased to know im working hard :) I love you all lots!! Keep up the great work and be safe. Dont forget your scriptures and your prayers everynight!!!

Love Elder Cottle

P.S. This week after being dropped off in my new area with Elder Eneri, we were riding the bikes back to the flat in the dark...I was dumb riding no handed and looking all around the area. I turned and looked at my companion in front of me and realized I was going to hit him. Well you know how we have the rear brakes on the right hand and the front brakes on the left hand in the states? yeah its opposite here and I grabbed the front break and went head over in my suit onto the ground hahahahahahhahaha, But I walked away without a scratch hahaha. Miracles! Angels must have caught me. I popped up like i used to in football and lacrosse and my companion was like "are you okay?!" I was like yeah that was nothing, lets go. hahahaha. He just stood there and laughed. so my first hours in my new area were pretty awesome!! So the flat was really dirty but today we made it spick and span. We worked bpretty hard the past few days and have five new investigators to go visit this week. All is well! Thank you Mom, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment